- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- One or more years of accounting or related business experience.
- Prefer experience in the operation, maintenance, and end-user support of loan accounting, cash management, general ledger, and/or other loan accounting systems.
- Knowledge of participation accounting preferred.
- Maintains accounting for participation loans as required to include setting up loans in accordance with the participation agreements; initiating wire transaction; updating interest rates and other terms; recording transactions; monitoring loans on a monthly basis to determine that loans are within parameters of participation agreements including rates, commitments and fees.
- Corresponds with participation loan accounting departments within other institutions via email and phone to ensure good communication and cohesive reporting.
- Files documentation related to participation accounts in Treasury Services EFC.
- Works with AB Administrative group, Sales Desk and RM on all participations.
- Position requires the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks at once, and learn new applications and use of equipment quickly.
- Ten key calculator by touch and computer literacy required, including word processing, database and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to accomplish accurate, detailed tasks in short time frames.
- Must be self-motivated and can work independently to complete assigned projects.
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills are essential.
- Position requires good written and oral communication skills.
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and over 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.