Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
- Bachelor's degree in Agribusiness, Ag Economics, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field or experience deemed equivalent by Capital Farm Credit.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in lending and credit related activity including five (5) years of supervisory and management experience.
- Experience must include a broad understanding of lending regulations, credit operations, and credit practices.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff. Hires, trains, promotes, assigns work, evaluates and manages performance and handles all aspects of staff supervision. Supervises and reviews the work of staff for compliance with standards, policies, and procedures to ensure that work products meet association operating and regulatory requirements. Ensures that staff is provided adequate training and development opportunities designed to facilitate their roles and prepare them for future advancement.
- Researches, develops and promotes new products and services. Directs the generation of new business and development of loan portfolios through direct solicitation origination of eligible loans.
- Monitors business relationships and credit compliance of originated loans.
- Ensures proper loan underwriting and structuring is achieved through enforcement of loan policies and that they are properly approved in accordance with loan authorities and in conjunction with the centralized underwriting units.
- Provide for ongoing relationship servicing, including the resolution of service issues of clients.
- Responsible for business development plans and implementation efforts to enhance market penetration and CFC brand recognition.
- Responsible for implementation and integration technologies to support lending operations throughout the Association including FarmView lending systems.
- Coordinates business development efforts with all lending markets for consistency and resource synchronization through the utilization of FarmView lending and Market Vision tools and any other tools or technologies that may be implemented.
- Business owner of sales and lending relationship methodology, strategies, cross-selling and corresponding training.
- Supervises the Regional Presidents and works with the Director of Marketing and Communications to ensure alignment of lending practices, marketing efforts, and lending goals.
- Manages strategic relationships for Capital Farm Credit as assigned.
- Requires skills or knowledge of common and complex credit arrangements, banking administration and accounting policies, procedures, reports, common business guidelines,
FCA and other regulations applicable the lending.
- Requires strong understanding of agricultural lending markets and agriculture business operations.
- Specialized knowledge of business-related insurance and risk management practices.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to perform advanced-level accounting/financial analyses.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.