Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or related discipline.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in financial auditing or internal auditing with emphasis on the financial services industry.
- CPA and/or CIA certification preferred.
- Ability/experience working with board audit committee.
- Experience leading IA or ICR teams.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Loan review experience.
- Establishes overall direction for the association's internal audit and credit review functions including policies, procedures, audit and credit review scopes and reporting. Assesses compliance with FCA regulations pertaining to internal audit and credit review. Prepares and controls an annual operating budget for Internal Audit and Internal Credit Review.
- Selects, trains, develops, motivates, evaluates and manages internal audit and credit review staff.
- Develops, maintains, and refines an internal audit and credit review schedule for the association with approval of the Audit Committee. Furnishes audit and credit review results to the Audit Committee, Executive Committee, and other levels of managements as appropriate.
- Keeps the Chief Executive Officer, Board of Directors, and Audit Committee informed of progress and activities for the internal audit and credit review function. Provides for regular audit and review reports, periodic informational reports, and quarterly reporting to the Executive Committee and Audit Committee.
- Acts as a liaison with external auditors as required by providing staff assistance in gathering information for external audit activity.
- Evaluates management efforts to address regulatory compliance with a reporting function to the Board of Directors. Facilitates the work of the Board of Directors through daily contact with operating groups of the association engaged in efforts to achieve compliance with FCA requirements and Internal Audit and Internal Credit Review recommendations that are considered necessary for safe and sound operations.
- Analyzes deficiencies and criticisms noted in any FCA report of examination to determine whether each is based upon an accurate understanding of facts. In cooperation with the relevant officials, establishes corrective programs and time frames for achieving correction. Establishes a liaison with FCA examiners to ensure that material deficiencies are reported in due course to appropriate parties and corrective action is undertaken in accordance with established timeframes.
- Reports to the Board on the accuracy of significant criticisms, proposed corrective actions and their adequacy, unresolved issues and programs of correction, exceptions to corrective time frames previously reported, conditions that will delay or prevent results sought, and other pertinent facts and information resulting from FCA examinations.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting internal controls and industry standard internal audit and credit review practices.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to perform intermediate to advanced-level accounting and audit analyses under limited supervision.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.