Texas Farm Credit (TFC) is an agricultural lending cooperative that provides competitive rates, flexible terms, and personal service to farmers, ranchers, rural residents, and agribusiness firms from the Red River to the Rio Grande Valley. As a customer-owned co-op, we operate in our borrowers' best interests and cater to their short and long-term credit needs, with flexible financing solutions and an array of cash management products and services.
This position identifies business needs and solutions within the context of the overall strategic direction of the Association. In support of the senior leadership team the Strategy & Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst will assist in the development and monitoring of strategic objectives for the organization by identifying, analyzing, and monitoring issues that affect profitability, growth, and productivity. In addition, this position will assist in developing and implementing critical business intelligence solutions through information gathering, data synthesis, review, and testing to support improved business decision-making capabilities.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, Economics, Statistics or equivalent training and experience. Three or more years of experience researching, analyzing, and developing solutions for complex business systems (relevant company knowledge/experience may off-set some of the technical requirement).
- Strong communication, negotiating, problem solving and administrative skills
- Strong comfort with ambiguity where decision-making involves some level of uncertainty.
- Critical thinking skills are an absolute must, and it is imperative that individual develop “out of the box” solutions for seemingly ordinary problems.
- Superior time management, interpersonal and personal management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with others, strong teamwork, and leadership skills
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency in data query and visualization tools, such as SQL, SAS, Alteryx, Tableau and Excel with demonstrated expertise in developing and analyzing large data sets.
- Preferred experience or knowledge in Salesforce or using software tools to generate database queries, data files and reports, and two or more years working in Finance, Management Information Systems or Risk Management is a plus.
- Utilize customer information from CRM data and customer research to understand trends and opportunities. Leverage on market/customer research, trends, and competitor analysis to drive revenue, increase yield, improve market share, and enhance customer loyalty.
- Provide operational insights to achieve key performance indicators and provide insights and analysis to Senior Leadership Team to evolve the business model to meet the needs of the changing market.
- Support the delivery of BI data and reports through cross-functional team coordination and recommend innovative solutions to meet business intelligence needs.
- Assist in identifying business information needs for an enterprise data warehouse and related reporting structures and interfaces. Partner with other business units to define analytical and reporting infrastructure to support the strategic goals of the organization.
- Develop and maintain a framework for identifying key trends in the portfolio and opportunities for strategy adjustments and assessment of strategy execution.
- Provide, communicate, and implement strategy to address competition, changes in customer preference, and improvements in technology and marketing tools. May also be responsible for recommending strategic alternatives and developing and maintaining operational plans.
- Undertake market analysis/modeling, portfolio metric reporting, and operational support related to the association/team’s strategy.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement in data, format, reports, data marts, and maintenance and enhancement of existing data reporting structures.
- Identify, communicate, and execute on new opportunities related to the organization’s businesses functions. Provide further insight into the Association’s overall strategy by identifying critical questions performing ad-hoc analyses.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.