Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or equivalent training.
- Seven (7) years or more of experience in a software development environment.
- Experience includes, Software development, Web technologies, System integration, Data management, Process automation, DevOps and Cloud platform architecture.
Software development lifecycle (SDLC) Management
- Analyze and translate business requirements into technical requirements and provide necessary artifacts for development, implementation, training and support
- Plan and assist in business system integrations (B2B, ESB, etc.)
- Knowledge of Cloud platform architecture (especially SAAS) and services (importantly Azure)
- Adhere to IT Controls/ Security and mentor other developers as needed
- Establish conceptual, logical and technical design of key and related business data entities
- Design ETL jobs (using SSIS, Informatica, etc.) and establish connection to internal/external and On-Premise/Cloud data sources
- Act as SME in upcoming major initiatives including, Data Governance, Master Data Management (MDM) and BI Insights
- Work closely with Vendor/ Data architect to establish modern Datawarehouse and Cloud infrastructure
- Leverage Data science technologies (Python, R. etc.) to derive value from existing business/ operational data landscape
Business Process Automation
- Proficiency in Business process automation software/ technologies, especially MS Power Platform
- Design, develop, monitor and support automation of business processes
- Must be able to develop, test, implement, and maintain software based upon system specifications.
- Proficiency with the development tools, languages, and authoring tools outlined below.
- Experience with .Net technologies and SQL Server is required.
- Familiarity with current design principles and techniques for software development is essential.
- Must be able to produce well organized and reusable software components.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively interact with association and bank management and staff, external vendors, prospective bank customers, and working with a team are essential.
- Must be able to work on a multiple concurrent assignments.
Other Essential Skills
A software developer at Capital Farm Credit is proficient in the following tools and languages:
- Visual Studio
- ASP, C#, Visual Basic .Net
- Webservices (REST/ SOAP)
- SQL Server, TSQL
- Process Automation (Power Platform, Nintex Products)
- Dynamics 365, Office 365 Apps
- Cloud Services (MS Azure)
- Business Intelligence (Power BI, MicroStrategy)
- Fulfills other needs as requested
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.