Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Ag Economics, Ag Business or related field, or experience deemed equivalent by Capital Farm Credit.
- Three (3) or more years of experience as a loan officer/credit analyst or other equivalent lending experience.
- This position will require registration under the National Mortgage Licensing System and a successful candidate must meet the association’s requirements to be a registered Mortgage Loan Originator.
- Good standing in current and/or previous employment.
- Develops and manages loan portfolios including loan originations in the trade area served by the association.
- Assists prospective and current borrowers with their credit needs and with formulating solutions to credit related issues.
- Makes and services loans and leases within delegated authority and in accordance with association policies.
- Makes and/or conveys decisions on loan approval, structure and pricing.
- Responsible for exercising credit risk management responsibilities on loans within area of responsibility.
- Develops and contributes to business development plans and implements business development practices across the assigned territory with an impetus on growth in the loan portfolio.
- Maintains current, adequate and verified financial information on borrowers and guarantors as required by association policy.
- Performs loan servicing tasks, which may include partial releases, subordination’s to mineral leases and right of ways, division orders, reamortizations, assumptions, severance agreements, and insurance claims.
- Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper
- Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the association’s policies and procedures.
- Other lending functions as directed by management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic to moderate skill set in Microsoft Office Applications.
- General knowledge of accounting and financial systems.
- Ability to perform intermediate level accounting and financial analysis under moderate supervision.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.