Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics, or a related field. Three (3) or more years of experience as a loan officer.
Job Purpose and Scope
Processes and approves loans in assigned territory within the limits of specific delegated authority consistent with Association policies. Evaluates and services larger, more complex loans. Develops and manages loan portfolios including loan originations in the trade area served by the Association. Has appreciable latitude for decision making; works under minimum supervision.
- Develops and manages loan portfolios including loan originations in the trade area served by the association. Works with complex loans and loan participation packages.
- Assists prospective and current borrowers with their credit needs and with formulating solutions to credit related issues.
- Makes and services loans and leases within delegated authority and in accordance with association policies. Makes and/or conveys decisions on loan approval, structure and pricing. Responsible for exercising credit risk management responsibilities on loans within area of responsibility.
- Conducts complex credit analyses. Analyzes balance sheets, income statements, and cash flows of potential borrowers to ascertain creditworthiness. Maintains current, adequate and verified financial information on borrowers and guarantors as required by association policy.
- Performs loan servicing tasks, which may include partial releases, subordination’s to mineral leases and right of ways, division orders, re-amortizations, assumptions, severance agreements, and insurance claims.
- Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper.
- Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the association’s policies and procedures.
- Performs collections on assigned loans and assists management with collections on all loans in the portfolio. Works with delinquent borrowers to obtain satisfactory loan performance.
- Assures that adequate insurance coverage is maintained as required by loan conditions and monitors ad valorem taxes to ensure that such taxes are paid on the security.
- May assist with the title examination on prospective loans to ensure validity of liens on property pledged as collateral or security interest on chattels. Prepares loan closing packages and facilitates the loan closing process as required in accordance with all applicable association and FCA policies and regulations.
General knowledge of accounting/financial systems. Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles. Skill in oral and written communication. Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications. Ability to perform intermediate-level accounting and financial analyses under limited supervision.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please apply here.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.