Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Ag Economics, Ag Business or related field, or experience deemed equivalent by Capital Farm Credit.
- Five (5) or more years of progressively responsible banking or related agricultural lending experience, or other experience that translates to lending experience as determined at the discretion of Capital Farm Credit.
- Outstanding business development skills complimented with appropriate credit knowledge for the purpose of growing portfolio with quality loans.
- Exceptional customer service skills to support business development initiatives.
- Ability to assess risk and provide recommendations on approval commercial or real estate loans.
- Good standing in current and/or previous employment.
- Strong work ethic that supports a willingness to handle multiple tasks with efficiency and accuracy.
- Relationship/Sales Skills are essential.
- Knowledge of South Plains agriculture and the Levelland/Brownfield Market in general is a plus.
- Will require registration as a Mortgage Loan Officer under the National Mortgage Licensing System.
- Responsible for developing new business in the assigned office in addition to servicing exiting, commercial and real estate customers. Reviews loan analysis within the guidelines and policies of the association, processes and approves loan requests within the limits of delegated authority and in accordance with Association guidelines.
- Prepares and submits loan requests that exceed delegated lending authority to the appropriate management level along with recommendation for approval or rejection. Works with other Association personnel including credit analysts’ ln loans exceeding delegated authority.
- Establishes business relationships with agricultural producers, rural land owners and business leaders in the community and cultivates these relationships to expand lending opportunities.
- Represents the association at local and regional community and market related activities. Promotes the association by maintaining good public and member relations and assists with or attends corporate functions.
- Makes and services leases, loans for operating equipment and real estate, and offering other related services such as cash management products and crop insurances within delegated authority and in accordance with association policies. Makes and/or conveys decisions on loan approval, structure and pricing. Responsible for exercising credit risk management responsibilities on loans within area of responsibility.
- Determines the eligibility and scope of financing for all new loans and ensures verification of assets and liabilities. Secures background and credit history on new loans, repeat loans and renewals. Provides for evaluation of loan collateral in accordance with association policies and procedures. Works with loan process to ensure proper lien perfection on all collateral.
- Develops proficiency in complex credit analyses. Reviews balance sheets, income statements and cash flows of potential borrows to ascertain creditworthiness. Works with credit analysts on loans in process and maintains current, adequate and verified financial information on borrowers and guarantors as required by Association.
- Performs loan servicing tasks, which may include partial releases, reamortizations, assumptions, additional advances, extensions, conversions, insurance claims, subordinations to mineral leases and right of ways, division orders, severance agreements.
- Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper.
- Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the association’s policies and procedures.
- Assists staff and management with collections on all loans in the portfolio. Works with delinquent borrowers to obtain satisfactory loan performance.
- Assures that loan covenants are maintained as required.
- Assists with the title examination process on prospective loans to ensure validity of liens on property pledged as collateral or security interest on chattels. Reviews loan closing packages and facilitates the loan closing process as required in accordance with all applicable association and FCA polices and regulations.
- Ability to work well with and engage people on a continual basis as a representative of the Association to build good will and rapport.
- Ability to function within fast paced, competitive situations with high profile/complex customers.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic to moderate skill set in Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong business development skills
- Ability to perform intermediate level accounting and financial analysis under moderate supervision
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.