Legacy Ag Credit, ACA is headquartered in Sulphur Springs and has five offices conveniently located across the northeastern region of Texas in Sulphur Springs, Canton, Gilmer, Terrell and Longview. Part of the Farm Credit System for more than 100 years as a rural agricultural lender and a private cooperative, we have made loans for farms, timberland, recreational property, agribusiness firms and rural homes.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience and one (1) to three (3) years of experience in the administration and analysis of credit on commercial and mortgage loans including risk assessments and recommendations on approval of loan applications.
Job Purpose and Scope
- Responsible for initial relationship and follow-up with mid-size prospects.
- Develops and implements select customer referral strategies in order to increase client satisfaction and loan portfolio growth for the Association.
- Assists senior-level staff with the development of the association’s market share.
- Manages and maintains current business relationships and seeks new accounts.
- Concentrates primarily on generating new business and developing a loan portfolio either through the purchase of participation interests in eligible loans originated by others or through direct solicitation origination of eligible loans.
- Monitors business relationships and credit compliance of originated loans.
- Evaluates needs of potential clients and provides appropriate financial solutions.
- Ensures proper loan underwriting and structuring is achieved through enforcement of loan policies and that they are properly approved in accordance with loan authorities and in conjunction with the centralized underwriting units.
- Makes calls on important prospects to sell and service consumer and banking needs.
- Manages and monitors respective loan portfolio and status of all exceptions and past dues on business and consumer loans in accordance with loan policy working in conjunction with reports from the centralized underwriting units
- Provides ongoing relationship servicing, including the resolution of service issues of clients.
- Monitors results versus objectives and recommends necessary strategic adjustments to ensure that objectives are reached.
- Serves as a member of various bank committees as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal relations, public speaking, administrative and communication skills are required.
- Strong analytical skills to market credit services to eligible Farm Credit borrowers, evaluate financial statements, as well as identify and implement corrective actions when needed.
- Knowledge of business practices in mortgage and commercial lending, including credit standards, real estate appraisal, internal controls, financial management, human resource management, public and member relations, and marketing techniques.
- Leadership, strategic planning and goal setting are required.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Travel is required.
If you’re interested in joining the Legacy Ag Credit team and meet the minimum requirements for this position, please send your resume to:
Legacy Ag Credit, ACA
ATTN: Sherry Sturgis, Senior Vice President/Chief Administrative Officer
Sulphur Springs, TX 75482