Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
- Position requires a bachelor’s degree in agriculture economics, finance, business administration or other related business field or commensurate experience.
- Three (3) or more years of experience involving credit extension, including the marketing, credit underwriting, administration and analysis of commercial agriculture and agribusiness credits.
- Must have experience and knowledge in the analysis and structuring of complex credit facilities (particularly Agribusiness related), as well as negotiating and dealing with large loans over $5 million.
- Should have experience in working with client management/owners and financial institutions.
- Must be highly competent with a successful track record in structuring, evaluating and negotiating various types of senior credit facilities.
- Must be able to manage excess loans (above delegated authorities) and loan participations/syndications, and be competent in analyzing direct loan/correspondent lending relationships.
- Develop and implement a business marketing plan with an emphasis on building and maintaining a high quality and profitable loan portfolio that has sustainability for the long term. This will include loan originations in the Texas trade area served by the Association and being able to work with complex loans and loan participation packages.
- Analyze and properly structure credit requests that are direct, participations or involve syndications, assist in developing industry sector and peer group analysis, portfolio analysis and other special projects as assigned.
- Coordinates with coworkers in appropriate capacities to form deal-teams for all relationships. Acts as the coordinator of communication and expectations within those deal teams.
- Perform risk assessment and determination of mitigations thereto, determine appropriate loan pricing relative to risk and loan administration, perform due diligence, and monitoring as necessary existing loans, new loan requests, excess loans and loan participation packages received from other Farm Credit associations or other commercial lenders.
- Make credit presentations to loan committee/senior management with recommendation for approval or denial of loan requests.
- Interpret, communicate, help to administer and provide guidance to SVP Commercial Ag Lending regarding sound lending practices.
- Understand and properly implement credit policy for Commercial Ag Credit and Association. Makes suggested changes to policy and procedures as warranted.
- This position requires skill and knowledge of how financial institutions operate, development of new business and maintenance of existing business, extension of complex credit facilities, financial analysis, the use of various loan analysis software programs, accounting standards (accrual and cash), legal aspects of extending credit, credit policies and procedures, as well as use of the Internet.
- Excellent computer, interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- A thorough knowledge is required of financial credit analysis (including projections), collateral analysis, appraisal standards and repayment performance in the areas of agriculture/agribusiness loans, mortgage loans and commercial ag/operating credits.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software and have an understanding of credit analysis software.
- Be able of operate successfully in an independent environment is necessary with the ability to travel as required, including overnight travel.
- Must be able to make effective business presentations to audiences of various size.
- Must be adept at conflict management.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.