Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Eight (8) or more years of progressively responsible banking or related agricultural lending experience, including at least two years in a supervisory and/or management position.
- Under the direction of the Market/Regional President, develops budget for respective market team and its employees, and delegates authority as appropriate to carry out goals and objectives. Hires, develops, motivates, mentors, evaluates and provides training for Market Team.
- Leads public and member relations activities for the Market Team, cultivating a positive image for the Association.
- Under the direction of the Market/Regional President, leads the Market Team in generating new loan business, servicing existing loans and growing the loan portfolio, while managing and developing their individual portfolios. Processes and approves loan requests within the limits of delegated authority and in accordance with established guidelines. Prepares and submits loan requests that exceed delegated lending authority to the deal team along with recommendation for approval or rejection. Works with other Association lenders on loans that exceed their delegated lending authorities.
- Collaborates with other Regional VP of Sales’ across Association Markets on lending and market strategies.
- Under the direction of the Market/Regional President and Loan Administration Manager, works with Assistant Loan Administration Managers or others to develop and implement efficient processes to generate and service loans in the market.
- Collaborates with Market Leadership Team on loans and related activity as required.
- Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the association’s policies and procedures.
- Determines the eligibility and scope of financing for all new loans and ensures verification of assets and liabilities. Secures background and credit history on new loans, repeat loans and renewals. Provides for evaluation of loan collateral in accordance with association policies and procedures. Ensures proper lien perfection on all collateral.
- Maintains awareness of agricultural trends and business activity, FCA regulations, and legal obligations. Ensures lending team complies with applicable policies, regulations and laws. Prepares reports required by association management.
- Coordinates the implementation of marketing strategies.
- Assists staff and management with collections on all loans in the portfolio. Works with delinquent borrowers to obtain satisfactory loan performance and works with special assets as required.
- Works closely with the Credit Team (Regional Credit Officer and Credit Analyst) on lending activities in the area.
- General knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to interpret intermediate to advanced-level accounting/financial analyses under limited supervision.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.