Heritage Land Bank is a leading rural real estate and agribusiness lender in East Texas. Our total loan portfolio is over $500 million, and our loans consist of poultry, livestock, nurseries, timber, crops, recreational property, and country home loans. Established 100 years ago, Heritage Land Bank is a locally owned and operated financial cooperative (Agricultural Credit Association), which is part of the Farm Credit System and the Tenth Farm Credit District. Our Corporate Office is located in Tyler, Texas and we operate nine branch offices.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics, or a related field, or equivalent experience and ten (10) or more years of progressively responsible banking or agricultural lending experience and at least three (3) years in a supervisory and/or management position.
Excellent interpersonal relations, administrative and communication skills are required. Strong business development and analytical skills to market credit services to eligible Farm Credit Borrowers, evaluate financial statements, as well as identifying and implementing corrective actions when needed. Knowledge in leadership, strategic planning and goal setting are required. Specialized knowledge of accounting/financial systems. Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles. Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications. Ability to perform intermediate to advanced-level accounting/financial analyses. Travel is required.
Plans, directs and manages the overall operations of assigned Association branch offices within the Fort Worth and McKinney area. Performs a direct role in the analysis, structuring and monitoring of large and/or complex loans. Has considerable latitude for decision making in the implementation of Association goals. Experience should include a broad understanding of lending regulations, credit operations, and credit practices.
- Establishes goals and objectives for branch offices and delegates authority as appropriate to carry out Association goals and objectives. Identifies staffing needs in branch offices and makes recommendations to CEO or CCO for both hiring and termination of employees. Motivates, evaluates and provides training to branch office employees.
- Assures the Association is represented at local community activities and is being promoted by branch office staff in order to maintain good public and member relations.
- Consults with lending staff on loan origination and the analysis, pricing and structuring of credit. Directs and mentors staff in the analysis and structuring of large and/or complex loans that may entail higher risk to the Association. Meets with customers and business owners to promote new loans, investigate complaints and resolve customer service issues.
- Reviews and approves/denies loan requests and loan servicing actions by loan officers over their delegated authorities, but within his or her delegated authority. Assists loan officers with recommendations to the Chief Credit Officer/loan committee on loans and loan servicing requests over both of their delegates authorizes.
- Review and approve/deny all variance reports from loan officers that are within their delegated authority. Assist loan officers with variance reports for recommendation to the Chief Credit Officer that are over his or her delegated authority. Inform loan processing on those requests that are approved.
- Responsible for compliance with internal controls, credit standards, and standards of conduct for the offices supervised. Ensures that loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper. Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in Association’s policies and procedures. Monitors progress and informs management of branch offices success in meeting the Association goals.
- Responsible for collections and past due credits of supervised offices. Oversees the development of corrective action plans within assigned branches on past due loans. Assures that action plans and 1100 reports for high risk credits are properly developed and executed.
- Maintains awareness of agricultural trends and business activity, FCA regulations, and legal obligations. Ensures all operations comply with applicable policies, regulations, and laws.
- Assist management with the business plan that includes projections, budgets and financial performance for the offices supervised. Prepares reports as requested by management.
- Assist marketing director in the execution of Association advertising programs and performance of an effective marketing program in the branch offices.
- Assists in managing and marketing Associations acquired property portfolio of supervised branch offices.
If you meet the minimum requirements and want to be consider for this position, please visit our career postings website below to upload your resume and salary history:
Heritage Land Bank, ACA is an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.