Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a BS degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, or other related field.
- Two (2) years or more Mortgage Loan Origination direct experience in mortgage banking, preferably in the loan origination or processing of conventional mortgages.
- Must be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry consistent with the requirements of part 610 of FCA's Regulations and the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the S.A.F.E. Act).
- Ensures a positive Farm Credit image by participating in association marketing activities and promotes association products and services.
- Assists with monitoring and compliance with Association policy and practices.
- Explains to prospects the differences in financing through the secondary market or the association portfolio. Works with program coordinator and appropriate portfolio loan officers in identifying and pursuing cross-selling opportunities. Makes referrals as appropriate.
- Gathers all information necessary for documentation, analysis, disclosure and underwriting loan requests.
- Utilizes loan origination and desktop underwriting software in preparing the loan package for processing, underwriting, and closing.
- Provides appropriate consumer protection information at the time of application. (i.e. TRID LE’s Consumer Toolkits interfacing and adhering to the electronic signature practices of the association)
- Provides all necessary applicant information to the processing center within 24 hours.
- Contacts Title Companies and Appraisal management companies within regulator guidelines to order the necessary information that will be needed for the sound underwriting decisions and closing of the loan.
- Reviews commitments for title insurance to substantiate adequacy of title and meet regulatory and Association requirements.
- Organizes loan closing requirements and instruments in compliance with all bank and Association policies, procedures, and regulations. Ensures all requirements are met prior to closing and assists the Loan Officer in coordinating the date, time and place for loan closing.
- Assembles and compiles documents for closing such as insurance forms, loan forms, and flood certificates. Examines loan applications and closing documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Research borrower/collateral history including tax lien and judgment search (if not performed by Title Co.) Process UCC filings, searches and billings.
- Verify sufficiency of legal description of the security of the collateral.
- Prepares various statements to meet requirements of Truth-in-Lending Act as required (i.e. Disclosure, RESPA, Right to Cancel).
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and sales skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Desktop Underwriter®, and Loan Originating software.
- Possesses a current awareness of the secondary market industry, as well as, economic and housing developments in the region that may impact the housing market.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal customers, such as branch manager/loan officers, mortgage specialists, finance department, information systems and internal auditor, to facilitate effective and efficient coordination of service delivered to customers or prospective customers.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.