*Mississippi Land Bank, at its sole discretion, may offer this position with a different title based upon the qualifications of the candidate.
Mississippi Land Bank is a financial institution that provides financing for agriculture, agribusiness and rural real estate purchases and improvements. The institution is headquartered in Senatobia, Mississippi with six full time branch offices and four satellite offices that service the 32 counties in Northern Mississippi. With approximately $750 million in assets, the institution is a cooperative and part of the Farm Credit System.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics, or a related field. Two (2) years or more of experience as a lender is preferred.
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Recommends or approves loans in assigned territory within the limits of specific delegated authority. Develops and manages loan portfolios including loan originations in the trade area served by the Association. Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as personal computer skills are required. Has some latitude for decision making and works under moderate supervision.
- Develops and manages loan portfolios including loan originations in the trade area served by the Association. Works with complex loans and loan participation packages.
- Assists prospective and current borrowers with their credit needs and with formulating solutions to credit related issues.
- Develop new business in addition to servicing existing commercial and real estate customers.
- Make and service loans within delegated loan authority.
- Make and/or convey decisions on loan approval, structure and pricing.
- Conducts simple to moderately complex credit analyses. Analyzes balance sheets, income statements and cash flows of potential borrowers to ascertain creditworthiness. Maintains current, adequate and verified financial information on borrowers and guarantors as required by Association policy.
- Performs loan servicing tasks which may include partial releases, subordinations, reamortizations, assumptions, severance agreements, insurance claims, additional advances, extensions and conversions.
- Ensure all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper.
- Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the Association’s policies and procedures.
- Performs collections on assigned loans and assists senior-level staff and management with collections on all loans in portfolio. Works with delinquent borrowers to obtain satisfactory loan performance.
- Establish business relationships with agricultural producers, land owners and business leaders in the community.
- Promote the Association by maintaining good public and member relations.
- Exercise credit risk management within area of responsibility.
- May assist with the title examination process on perspective loans to ensure validity of liens on property pledged as collateral or security interest on chattels. Prepares loan closing packages and facilitates the loan closing process as required in accordance with all applicable Association and FCA policies and regulations.
May perform appraisals, inspections, and/or collateral evaluations in compliance with district and Association standards and procedures.
Frequent interaction with customers, association departmental staff and management. Occasional interaction with association senior management, CEO and/or Board of Directors. Occasional interaction with Farm Credit Bank of Texas staff. Frequent interaction with area professionals who deal with the Association in the normal course of business.
If you meet the minimum qualifications and wish to be considered for this position, please forward a current resume along with salary history to:
Jessica Stanford, VP Administration
Mississippi Land Bank, ACA
P O Box 667
Senatobia, MS 38668