Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics, or a related field, or equivalent experience of two (2) or more years of experience as a loan officer or loan officer trainee.
Job Purpose and Scope
Recommends or approves loans in assigned territory within the limits of specific delegated authority. Develops and manages loan portfolios including loan originations in the trade area served by the Association. Has some latitude for decision making; works under moderate supervision.
- Develop and market new business within service area.
- Assists prospective and current borrowers with their credit needs and with formulating solutions to credit related issues.
- Makes and services leases, loans for operating equipment and real estate, and offering other related services such as cash management products and crop insurances within delegated authority and in accordance with the Association policies. Makes and/or conveys decisions on loan approval, structure and pricing. Responsible for exercising credit risk management responsibilities on loans within area of responsibility.
- Perform credit analysis, balance sheet analysis and review and analyze other financial documents needed to determine if borrower or prospective borrower qualifies for loan funds.
- Performs loan servicing tasks.
- Ensure loans are properly risk rated.
- Performs collections on loans as needed.
- Comply with association credit practices, procedures and policies.
- May assist with title examination on prospective loans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of accounting/financial systems. Skill in oral and written communication and skill in Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please apply here.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.