Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics, or a related field, and two (2) or more years of experience as a loan officer or loan officer associate.
Recommends or approves loans in assigned territory within the limits of specific delegated authority. Develops and manages loan portfolios including loan originations in the trade area served by the association. Has some latitude for decision making; works under moderate supervision.
1. Responsible for developing and marketing new business within the designated outside service area.
2. Responsible for meeting monthly/annual sales goals and objectives.
3. Assists prospective and current borrowers with their credit needs and with formulating solutions to credit related issues.
4. Makes and services leases, loans for operating equipment and real estate, and offering other related services such as cash management products and crop insurances within delegated authority and in accordance with association policies. Makes and/or conveys decisions on loan approval, structure and pricing. Responsible for exercising credit risk management responsibilities on loans within area of responsibility.
5. Conducts simple to moderately complex credit analyses. Analyzes balance sheets, income statements, and cash flows of potential borrowers to ascertain creditworthiness. Maintains current, adequate and verified financial information on borrowers and guarantors as required by association policy.
6. Performs loan servicing tasks, which may include partial releases, subordination's to mineral leases and right of ways, division orders, re-amortizations, assumptions, severance agreements, insurance claims, additional advances, extensions and conversions.
7. Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper.
8. Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the association's policies and procedures.
9. Performs collections on assigned loans and assists senior-level staff and management with collections on all loans in the portfolio. Works with delinquent borrowers to obtain satisfactory loan performance.
10. Assures that adequate insurance coverage is maintained as required by loan conditions and monitors ad valorem taxes to insure that such taxes are paid on the security.
11. May assist with the title examination process on perspective loans to ensure validity of liens on property pledged as collateral or security interest on chattels. Prepares loan closing packages and facilitates the loan closing process as required in accordance with all applicable association and FCA policies and regulations.
May perform appraisals, inspections and/or collateral evaluations in compliance with district and Association standards and procedures. May assist with or attend public relations functions for the Association.
General knowledge of accounting/financial systems. Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles. Skill in oral and written communication. Basic skill level in Microsoft Office applications. Ability to perform basic accounting/financial analyses under moderate supervision.
Frequent interaction with customers, association departmental staff and management. Occasional interaction with association senior management, and/or CEO. Occasional interaction with Farm Credit Bank of Texas staff. Frequent interaction with area professionals including real estate agents, commercial bankers, and others who deal with the association in the normal course of business.
Ability to sit for long periods of time. Ability to stand for limited periods of time. Ability to walk for moderate distances. Frequent finger/hand manipulation (e.g. keyboard, office equipment, small hand tools, etc.). Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling while exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
Compliance with FCBT and Association technology and security standards is required.
Regular attendance is required in this job. Must maintain a valid and current driver license.
If you meet the minimum requirements and want to be considered for this position, please mail your resume and salary history to:
Louisiana Land Bank
810 C.M. Fagan Drive
Hammond, La. 70404
ATTN: HR Department
Or fax to: (318) 387-0617
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.