Heritage Land Bank provides innovative financing solutions other banks simply can’t offer when it comes to rural real estate, agricultural operations, agribusinesses and country homes. Founded in 1917, Heritage Land Bank is a member of the Farm Credit System, a nationwide network of rural lending cooperatives. With headquarters located in Tyler, Heritage Land Bank operates across 16 Texas counties ranging from Dallas-Fort Worth to Lufkin. To learn more, visit heritagelandbank.com.
Education and Experience Requirements
High school graduate plus two (2) to four (4) years or more of experience in land or title examination and/or loan documentation preparation with a working knowledge of consumer compliance regulations. This position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Ensure preparation of loan closing requirements and instruments within accepted procedures and guidelines of the association and prepares loan closing packages. Performs title review and certification of liens covered by title insurance. Approves disbursement of loan proceeds.
- Prepare preliminary loan packet for review by Attorney, Loan Operations/Compliance Manager or other designee.
- Perform review of PCA closed loans. If necessary, prepare and send corrective action communication concerning deed of trust defects and needed title policy endorsements. Follow-up as needed.
- File all UCC continuation statements and maintain Cardinal with expiration dates.
- Account set up of new loans in Cardinal (transfer of information from ADS II to Cardinal).
- Check in all deeds of trust, title policies, etc. from branch offices and title companies.
- Scanning and placing all paid packets in SharePoint branch loan files.
- Review commitments for title insurance to substantiate adequacy of the title to meet regulatory and association requirements.
- Organizes loan closing requirements and instruments in compliance with all bank and association policies, procedures, and regulations. Ensures all requirements are met prior to closing and assists the Loan Officer in coordinating the date, time and place for the loan closing.
- Assembles and compiles documents for closing, such as insurance forms, loan forms, and flood certificates. Examines loan applications and closing documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Verify sufficiency of legal description of the security of the collateral.
- Prepares loan closing statements verifying net loans proceeds, loan maturity dates and initial interest and principal repayment dates. Requests and approves loan proceeds (wire transfers) and verifies receipt of funds by the title company.
- Prepares various statements to meet requirements of the Truth-in-Lending Act as required (i.e. Disclosure, RESPA, Right to Cancel)
- Reviews post-closing documents such as title policies, deeds of trust, assignments and additional collateral. Ensures that all documents have been properly signed, witnessed and notarized by all required individuals.
- Research borrower/collateral history including tax lien and judgment search (if not performed by Title Co.) Process UCC filings, searches and billing.
- Obtains an insurance binder for collateral insurance if required prior to funding and provides binder to the title company.
If you meet the minimum requirements and would like to be consider for this position, please click on the link below to apply:
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Heritage Land Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information.
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it seriously. There is a real person behind the screen and response timeliness may vary. The interviewing process at Heritage Land Bank may include phone calls and emails, phone interviews, on-site interviews, personality assessments and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. Unfortunately, we are unable to personally follow-up with each and every applicant, but we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit. Please be assured, we will contact you if that is the case.