Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years or more of experience in loan administration, office operations, or customer service with exposure to financial services, mortgage, or title insurance industry preferred; or experience deemed equivalent at the discretion of Capital Farm Credit.
- Experience in administrative support functions.
- Good standing in current and/or previous employment (required).
- Strong work ethic that supports a willingness to handle multiple tasks with efficiency and accuracy.
- Develops and organizes loan applicant information for review and analysis by loan officer/underwriting staff, enter pertinent loan data into loan origination systems. This may include entry of financial information such as balance sheets and other data required to generate accurate credit scores on routine and more complex loans. Review loan application packages for accuracy and completeness including a review of entity documents, real estate appraisals, title commitments and UCC searches to identify items requiring additional information/clarification.
- Coordinates loan closings, ensures closing documents are accurate, complete, and executed properly, validates collateral is secured appropriately, i.e. deeds of trust recorded, title policies are obtained and comply with company requirements, UCC financing statements filed.
- Maintains a detailed knowledge of Association product offerings with the ability to discuss loan transactions and products with customers on a conversational basis. Identifies cross-selling opportunities of other Association products and refer to appropriate lending staff to meet those needs.
- Provides excellent customer service on a consistent basis by answering customer inquiries, facilitating communications between internal departments and external parties. Researches and resolves issues with limited assistance.
- Records new loans, establish relevant files, disburse loan proceeds, process loan payments, maintain a variety of loan records, and obtain credit information. Assists with maintaining and monitoring borrowers’ loan conditions and covenants, reporting requirements, and security documents including deeds of trust and UCC financing statements.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and internal controls and administers various reports as required.
- Initiates and processes servicing actions such as releases of lien, partial releases of lien, reamortizations, conversions, assumptions, and subordinations, UCC amendments/continuations; ensures accuracy of documentation, and the execution thereof, timely and proper revisions to accounting systems and electronic file documentation.
- Maintains advanced and up-to-date knowledge of required procedures, policies, processes and regulations with an ability to independently research and implement them as required. Maintains advanced knowledge of, and demonstrates ability to use, association programs and systems used in lending and office administration.
- Assists with general office administration. May approve invoices for payment without prior review typically up to $500 or within authorities granted.
- Operates a variety of standard office equipment according to detailed instructions, including computers, paper shredders, telephones, photocopiers, fax machines and scanners.
General knowledge of:
- Accounting/financial systems.
- Computer systems and office equipment used for file management and file classification practices and retrieval of business information.
- Title insurance, Uniform Commercial Code, crop insurance, flood insurance, and credit life insurance documentation.
- Documentation requirements for title policies, deeds of trust, UCC financing statements, and other collateral documents.
Specialized knowledge of:
- Professional, oral and written correspondence principles.
- Beginning skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Organization and time management practices.
- Attention to detail.
- Working in a collaborative environment.
- Critical thinking skills.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.