Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- One (1) or more years of experience in loan administration, office operations, or customer service with exposure to financial services, mortgage, or title insurance industry preferred; or experience deemed equivalent at the discretion of Capital Farm Credit.
- Experience in administrative support functions.
- Good standing in current and/or previous employment (required).
- Strong work ethic that supports a willingness to handle multiple tasks with efficiency and accuracy.
- With direction and oversight, develops and organizes loan applicant information for review and analysis by loan officers/underwriting staff and enters pertinent loan data into loan origination systems. This may include entry of financial information such as balance sheets and other data required to generate accurate credit scores on simple to moderately complex loans. Review loan applications and packages for accuracy and completeness. Develop an awareness of entity documents, real estate appraisals, title commitments, and UCC searches and the various situations in which each of these documents is required.
- With oversight as required, coordinates loan closings and ensures closing documents are accurate and complete. With supervision, review executed documentation to ensure proper execution, validate collateral is secured appropriately, i.e. deeds of trust are recorded, title policies are obtained and comply with Association requirements, UCC financing statements are filed.
- Develops and maintains an introductory to basic level knowledge of association product offerings with a limited ability to discuss loan transactions and products with customers before referring to more senior staff. Learns to identify cross selling opportunities of other association products and refer to appropriate lending staff to meet those needs.
- Provides excellent customer service on a consistent basis by answering and resolving customer inquiries, with some occasional assistance required. Understands necessary communication between internal departments and external parties and can facilitate the more routine communication.
- Records new loans, establishes relevant files, disburses loan proceeds, processes loan payments, maintains a variety of loan records and obtains credit information with some oversight occasionally required. Assists in maintaining and monitoring borrowers’ loan covenants, reporting requirements and security documents including deeds of trust and UCC financing statements.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with required internal controls and administers various reports as required.
- With direction, develop the ability to initiate and process servicing actions such as releases of liens, partial releases, reamortizations, conversions, assumptions and subordinations; UCC amendments/continuations; ensure accuracy of documentation, and the execution thereof, timely and proper revisions to accounting systems and electronic file documentation.
- Knowledge of required procedures, policies, processes and regulations with an ability to research and apply them with some oversight. Demonstrates knowledge of, and ability to use, association programs and systems used in lending and office administration.
- Assists with general office administration.
- Operates a variety of standard office equipment according to detailed instructions, which may include computers, paper shredders, telephones, photocopiers, fax machines and scanners.
General knowledge of:
- Accounting/financial systems.
- Computer systems and office equipment used for file management and file classification practices and retrieval of business information.
- Title insurance, Uniform Commercial Code, crop insurance, flood insurance, and credit life insurance documentation.
- Documentation requirements for title policies, deeds of trust, UCC financing statements, and other collateral documents.
Specialized knowledge of:
- Professional, oral and written correspondence principles.
- Beginning skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Organization and time management practices.
- Attention to detail.
- Working in a collaborative environment.
- Critical thinking skills.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.