Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or a related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Three (3) or more years of accounting or related business experience in the operation, maintenance, and end-user support of loan accounting, including two or more years of loan origination, loan accounting, or related business experience.
- Experience in customer service.
- Experience in the operation, maintenance, and end-user support of loan accounting, cash management, general ledger, and/or other loan accounting systems preferred.
- Works with Credit Office personnel on posting of all loan accounting transactions related to payments, disbursements, and other income sources submitted by Association offices.
- Coordinates with credit offices to ensure proper and accurate accounting.
- Process transaction reversals.
- Conducts reconciliation and reporting as required.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations (including Regulation Z, RESPA, high-risk accounting, etc.), bankruptcy settlement agreements, procedures, and guidelines for loan accounting transactions related to payments, disbursements, and other income sources.
- Communicates frequently with supervisor to ensure appropriate resources are available to process transactions accurately and timely.
- Position requires the ability to organize and handle multiple, concurrent tasks at once, and accomplish accurate, detailed tasks in short time frames.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately adapt to and operate complex loan accounting systems.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new applications and technology quickly.
- Position requires strong written and oral communication skills.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Problem solving skills including problem identification, fact-finding, research, analysis, and solution development.
- Ability to explain loan accounting treatments to others.
- Ability to conduct group or individual training sessions.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision to complete assigned projects.
- Must have the ability to work closely with others.
- Ability to negotiate/resolve differences, provide feedback, as well as formulate well-thought out solutions and gathering appropriate information.
- Ability to confidently speak in public.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.