Texas Farm Credit (TFC) is an agricultural lending cooperative that provides competitive rates, flexible terms, and personal service to farmers, ranchers, rural residents, and agribusiness firms from the Red River to the Rio Grande Valley. As a customer-owned co-op, we operate in our borrowers' best interests and cater to their short and long-term credit needs, with flexible financing solutions and an array of cash management products and services.
Verifies the accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness of association operations by performing moderately complex internal audit tasks, works under moderate supervision.
Education and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field and two (2) to five (5) years or more of experience in public accounting, internal auditing and/or regulatory auditing. Experience in the financial services industry is a plus
- General knowledge of accounting/financial systems
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles
- Specialized knowledge of accounting internal controls and industry standard internal audit practices
- Ability to perform basic level accounting and audit analyses under moderate supervision
- Basic skill level in Microsoft Office applications
- Survey functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives.
- Perform audits in accordance with the approved audit program under the supervision of the Internal Audit Manager.
- Perform assigned reviews consistent with department operating procedures, prepare reports detailing overall findings of each review. Prepare work papers prior to and following individual reviews and prepare summary reports.
- Prepare for and lead planning meetings.
- Plan scope and objectives and develop audit programs for approval by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Obtain, analyze, and appraise evidentiary data as the basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency of performance on the activities being reviewed.
- Make recommendations for the correction of deficiencies identified.
- Draft audit reports for review by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Appraise the adequacy of the correction action taken to improve deficient conditions.
- Perform audit responsibilities in accordance with Standards for the Practice of Internal Auditing and the IIA’s Code of Ethics. Always maintain high confidentiality.
- Prepare for and lead exit conferences.
- Pursue professional development and professional association memberships.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.