Heritage Land Bank is a leading rural real estate and agribusiness lender in East Texas. Our total loan portfolio is over $500 million and our loans consist of poultry, livestock, nurseries, timber, crops, recreational property, and country home loans. Established 100 years ago, Heritage Land Bank is a locally owned and operated financial cooperative (Agricultural Credit Association), which is part of the Farm Credit System and the Tenth Farm Credit District. Our Corporate Office is located in Tyler, Texas and we operate nine branch offices.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resource Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience and five (5) or more years of related experience. PHR or SPHR certification is desired but not required.
- Specialized knowledge of all areas of Human Resources, excellent interpersonal relationship skills; and knowledge and skills involving controlling, leading, organizing and planning the work activities related to benefits, recruiting, training, diversity programs, employee relations, HR administration, and employee activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication/public speaking skills and insightful knowledge of counseling abilities are also required.
- Ability to interact with executive management and the board of directors is essential.
- Provides strategic design, development, organization, implementation and operation of a comprehensive human resources program for attracting, utilizing, retaining and rewarding the employees of the Association.
- Participates in the development of the Association’s plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into Human Resources strategic and operational plans.
- Provides fore professional and administrative services in the human resources function including payroll, benefits, personnel records, policies and procedures, salary administration, employee relations, required reporting, workers compensation and unemployment claims.
- Plans, develops, organizes, directs, implements and evaluates the association’s human resource function and performance.
- Manages employment, recruitment and personnel actions for the association.
- Oversees the salary administration program for the association to ensure fair and equitable application of salary administration guidelines approved by senior management.
- Assists executive management in the annual employee performance review process.
- Develops comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of the association in keeping with strategic goals of the organization.
- Identifies and implements training for the association.
- Establishes credibility throughout the association with management and the employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver.
- Provides technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resources discipline.
- Advises employee and management personnel on the interpretation of personnel policies, programs and procedures.
- Works directly with association branch managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities in personnel matters.
- Provides leadership and direction for the development and administration of diversity programs for the association.
- Ensures compliance with FCA, FMLA, EEOC, ADA, OSHA and other federal and state regulations and laws affecting the association.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Association’s Annual Employee training requirements are met.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to Executive Management for improvement of association policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters on an annual basis.
- Responsible for the association’s new hire, orientation and termination processing actions.
- Conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separation.
- Maintains and controls personnel files and records.
- Communicates changes to employees in association personnel policies and procedures and ensures compliance.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, and/or as directed by the CEO on personnel matters.
- Processes background checks and reference checks, administers assessment tests, attends recruiting events, schedules and participates in interviews and explains assessment results to managers.
- Conducts new employee orientation program.
- Coordinates tracking, onboarding and off-boarding.
- Manages the Associations annual performance appraisal process and maintains the performance appraisal database.
- Maintains bank organization chart, and employee bulletin boards.
- Order flowers, send cards for funerals, births, surgeries, etc. for directors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you meet the minimum requirements and would like to be consider for this position, please click on the link below to apply:
Heritage Land Bank, ACA is an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer
Heritage Land Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Al qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information.
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it seriously. There is a real person behind the screen and response timeliness may vary. The interviewing process at Heritage Land Bank may include phone calls and emails, phone interviews, on-site interviews, personality assessments and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. Unfortunately, we are unable to personally follow-up with each and every applicant, but we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit. Please be assured, we will contact you if that is the case.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.