Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
2 or more years of experience as a Loan Officer or Loan Officer Trainee.
- Assists prospective and current borrowers with their residential credit needs and with formulating solutions to credit related issues.
- Makes and services residential loans within delegates authority and in accordance with association policies. Makes and/or conveys decisions on loan approval, structure and pricing. Responsible for exercising credit risk management responsibilities on loans with area of responsibility.
- Collects essential application and financial elements and performs high level review to ensure minimum eligibility and credit standards are met.
- Performs loan servicing tasks, which may include partial releases, subordinations and right of ways, re-amortizations, assumptions, insurance claims, conversions and others. Performs task in accordance with guidance and applicable laws related to inspections, controls and disbursement of funds for interim construction loans.
- Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated for credit quality and collateral risks and assigned the correct performance status.
- Complies with credit administration practices as outlines in the association’s policies and procedures and understands and accomplishes the regulatory requirements related to residential lending.
- Performs collections on assigned loans and Special Assets staff with collections on all loans in the portfolio. Works with delinquent borrowers to obtain satisfactory loan performance.
- Assures that adequate coverage is maintained as required by loan conditions and monitors ad valorem taxes to ensure that such taxes are paid on the security.
- Facilities the loan closing process as required in accordance with all applicable association and FCA policies and regulations.
- General knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles and residential lending laws and regulations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Basic skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to perform basic to intermediate-level accounting/financial analyses under moderate supervision.
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses. We are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System which provides financing to meet the needs of rural America. As one of the largest Farm Credit Associations in the United States, Capital Farm Credit has over $7 billion in total assets and employs nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices.
Capital Farm Credit is a great place to work. Our employees are passionate and committed to serving both rural Texas and each other. We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others — with commitment, trust and value. We cooperate and care for our members and employees with family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive, goals based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please apply here:
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.