Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business, or equivalent, and/or related business experience. CPA and five (5) or more years of experience preferred. Must have general knowledge of accounting/financial systems, internal controls and specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles. Prefer experience in the daily operation and maintenance of general ledger accounting, cash management systems, and financial reporting. Position requires the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks at once, and learn new applications quickly. Must have strong oral and written communication skills, as well as, a high skill level in Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Excel and MS Access. Limited travel may be required.
- Performs entry-level accounting and administrative general ledger support and reporting to the Controller, as well as, cash management support to branch operations; works under moderate supervision.
- Assist the Controller in the daily review, analysis and processing of general ledger adjustments.
- Assist and/or performs accounts payable and invoice processing duties.
- Assist management with monitoring Association costs to ensure efficiency and identifying areas where efficiencies can be gained.
- Assist with analysis and preparation of financial performance reports and preparation of the annual budget.
- Assist senior-level management and staff in the analysis of daily business functions and financial operations at all association offices.
- Assist in efforts of record retention function and assists with scanning and organization of documentation to be retained.
- Assist senior-level management and staff with Asset/Liability management including the generation of management reports on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with quarterly calculations of allowance for loan losses.
- Assist in gathering and organizing information as requested by internal and external auditors.
- Assist in maintenance and verification of accounting related procedures and processes.
If you meet the minimum requirements and want to be considered for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Britny Hester, Controller
Southern AgCredit, ACA
Southern AgCredit, ACA is an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.