Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Two (2) or more years of experience in the administration and analysis of credit on commercial and mortgage loans including risk assessments and recommendations on approval of loan applications.
- Recent operational experience on the Encompass platform is preferred but not required.
- Support home lending officers in the analysis and reporting of the portfolio residential loans including consumer home loans and homesite loans. Works directly with lending staff in the development of appropriate credit decisions, has authority to approve and approves home lending transactions and prepares other reports as requested by management.
- Analyzes financial information including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow and tax returns to form an opinion of the strengths, weaknesses and risks associated with loan packages. Determines probability of Default (PD) ratings as appropriate and makes recommendations for approval or denial of loans.
- Interprets, communicates, and provides guidance to home lending officers regarding lending policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments arc proper.
- Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in policies and procedures.
- Assists senior-level credit analysts with complex loan applications as necessary.
- Underwrites/approves loans to portfolio standards.
- Analyzes complete credit and financial data on applicants to determine appropriate credit action to take under the loan programs as established by the investor and association guidelines.
- Prices and locks loans according to Association guidelines.
- Must obtain and maintain registration as a Mortgage Loan Officer under NMLS and Association standards
- General knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to perform intermediate-level accounting and financial analyses under moderate supervision.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.