Legacy Ag Credit, ACA is headquartered in Sulphur Springs and has five offices conveniently located across the northeastern region of Texas in Sulphur Springs, Canton, Gilmer, Kaufman and Longview. Part of the Farm Credit System for more than 100 years as a rural agricultural lender and a private cooperative, we make loans for farms, timberland, recreational property, agribusiness firms and rural homes.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or a related field and eight (8) or more years of experience in fiscal operations and/or finance and accounting including two (2) or more years of supervisory experience. CPA certification and public accounting experience preferred.
Job Purpose and Scope
Directs the association’s accounting functions. These functions include establishing and maintaining accounting standards, practices, and procedures. Has considerable latitude for decision making in the planning and accomplishment of association goals.
- Oversees and directs the accounting function for the association to include financial reporting, general ledger, and other related subsidiary systems. Monitors accounting activity to ensure accuracy.
- Directs the activities of accounting department personnel by recommending staffing levels, assigning responsibilities and making recommendations for budgets, short and long-range plans, programs and procedures.
- Researches complex accounting/tax issues to recommend appropriate accounting treatment and determines the impact on the financial position of the association. Implements new accounting pronouncements as appropriate for the Association. Manages functions and support related to the preparation and filing of the corporate income tax return. Responds to IRS and other inquiries from outside agencies for tax information.
- Establishes and interprets the association’s financial reporting and accounting policy in accordance with GAAP, FCA regulation, reporting requirements of the Funding Corporation and the Federal Reserve, and IRS code. Develops policies and procedures to enhance the accounting system’s internal controls to meet all applicable regulations.
- Manages the association’s ICFR / SOX compliance program.
- Oversees and monitors the cash management function including wire transfers, General Ledger and subsidiary account reconciliation. Reviews bank statement and direct note reconciliations as prepared by accounting staff. Maintains and updates check signature authorities.
- Coordinates monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to senior management, board of directors, external stakeholders, and auditors.
- Assists in the selection of staff, providing training and instruction, conducting performance evaluations, overseeing staff to ensure accountability for their areas of responsibility, approving personnel actions and salaries, delegating authority to staff and determining training needs.
- Develops and maintain internal controls to ensure protection of Association assets.
- May serve as the association's contact with the external auditor, Prepares the annual financial statements for their review. Review of interim financial statements and Call reports as directed.
- May review, reclassify and book invoices and cost billings from the Farm Credit Bank of Texas for services rendered or assets purchased.
General knowledge of accounting/financial systems. Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles. General knowledge of federal and state tax codes. Skill in oral and written communication. Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office applications. Ability to perform intermediate to advanced-level accounting/financial analyses under limited supervision.
If you’re interested in joining the Legacy Ag Credit team and meet the minimum requirements for this position, please send your resume to:
Legacy Ag Credit, ACA
ATTN: Sherry Sturgis, Senior Vice President/Chief Administrative Officer
Sulphur Springs, TX 75482