Heritage Land Bank is a leading rural real estate and agribusiness lender in East Texas. Our total loan portfolio is over $500 million and our loans consist of poultry, livestock, nurseries, timber, crops, recreational property, and country home loans. Established 100 years ago, Heritage Land Bank is a locally owned and operated financial cooperative (Agricultural Credit Association), which is part of the Farm Credit System and the Tenth Farm Credit District. Our Corporate Office is located in Tyler, Texas and we operate nine branch offices.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Agricultural Economics, or a related field and 5 or more years of related experience in internal review/regulatory compliance. Farm Credit experience is preferred but not required.
- Works independently on matters of significance to the compliance operations of the Association which require the exercise of discretion and independent judgement.
- Follows established procedures and guidelines, possesses and applies an advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrates leadership and managerial skills.
- Direct supervision of compliance officers.
- Assignments are moderately complex in nature and a certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Works under minimum supervision.
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting/financial systems/principals and understanding of loan origination systems and disclosure processes.
- Familiarity with policy and procedural development and ability to draft as appropriate.
- General understanding of overall corporate operating processes including compliance requirements.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and identify and resolve issues.
- Specific knowledge of a regulatory and compliance environment with evidence of the ability to understand and apply regulatory interpretations.
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting internal controls and industry standard internal audit practices.
- Skill in oral and written communication and intermediate skill in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to conduct trainings to audiences of various sizes, skills sets, and knowledge.
- Demonstrates ability for leadership and management to others.
- Delivers quality customer service by providing support for regulatory/consumer compliance within the Association.
- Reviews disclosures for covered transactions.
- Stays current on legal and regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Prepares and maintains compliance policies, procedures and processes that strive for efficient and streamlined closings.
- Develops and presents compliance training for staff.
- Responds to audit or examination issues related to compliance related procedures.
- Responsible for developing, updating and monitoring the Association’s compliance program to ensure that the loan department, marketing and branches comply with applicable laws and regulations; will keep abreast of industry changes, corporate objectives, and laws and regulations affecting the loan function of the Association.
- Responsible for performing risk-based compliance testing including; ongoing compliance monitoring, validation of specific compliance controls, and evaluation of business processes for adherence to compliance requirements; will prepare monitoring reports, track findings and corrective actions responses to ensure findings are corrected properly and timely.
- Responsible for designing and implementing a system of internal tests and controls; provides recommendations to management to improve internal procedures and practices if any weaknesses are found.
- Prepares written reports of compliance monitoring and findings for presentation to Sr. Management.
- Assists in the oversight of corrective actions taken to address compliance deficiencies including conducting follow-up reviews and tests to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of action taken.
- Conduct or assist in regulatory research and impact analyses to ensure the Association stays in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains awareness of legislative developments and working knowledge of federal laws and regulations as they relate to consumer compliance.
- Research analyze and communicate the impact of consumer laws and regulations on the Associations loans operations, including policies, procedures, new and existing products, forms, advertising and promotional materials and make recommendations for required changes.
- Develops, participates in and reviews proposed changes to loan policies, procedures, and processes for compliance with applicable regulatory and consumer laws, rules and regulations, and provides recommendations for any necessary changes.
- Serves as a primary contact for branch staff regarding compliance issues and resolutions.
- Responsible for compliance training including developing content and providing training sessions on loan compliance issues to staff on a regular basis.
- Communicate to relevant members of management any compliance concerns or patterns or practice.
- Communicates with regulatory agencies during compliance examinations.
- Responds to findings or questions by internal audits, credit reviews, or examinations, consulting with supervisor as necessary.
- Assist in reviewing and determining the appropriate retention of HMDA data.
Other duties as assigned.
If you meet the minimum requirements and would like to be consider for this position, please click on the link below to apply:
Heritage Land Bank, ACA is an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer
Heritage Land Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Al qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information.
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it seriously. There is a real person behind the screen and response timeliness may vary. The interviewing process at Heritage Land Bank may include phone calls and emails, phone interviews, on-site interviews, personality assessments and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. Unfortunately, we are unable to personally follow-up with each and every applicant, but we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit. Please be assured, we will contact you if that is the case.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.