Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or legal studies or experience deemed equivalent at the discretion of Capital Farm Credit.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in loan administration with an emphasis on commercial lending preferred.
- With minimal assistance, reviews and interprets credit underwriting documentation/term sheets to gather and enter pertinent loan data into loan origination systems. Reviews pre-closing loan documents for accuracy and completeness including a review of entity documents, real estate appraisals, title commitments, and UCC searches to identify items requiring additional information/clarification.
- With minimal assistance, engages attorneys to prepare necessary (internal and/or external) loan documentation, ensures loan documents agree with approved terms and conditions, and orchestrates the revision process by coordinating with credit analysts, relationship managers, capital markets officers, internal counsel, and members/participants in the case of syndication/loan sales. Engages attorneys to review loan documentation on purchased participations/syndications.
- Coordinates loan closings with customers, attorneys, title companies; ensures closing documents are accurate, complete, and executed properly; validates collateral is secured appropriately, i.e. deeds of trust recorded, title policies are obtained and comply with company requirements, UCC financing statements filed, insurance obtained. Ensures all conditions precedent have been met prior to closing, or have documented approval to waive condition(s)/move to conditions subsequent.
- With minimal assistance, prepares deal sheet for booking loans into loan accounting system including information regarding member/participant commitment and fee levels for loan syndications/sales.
- Establishes relevant files; create third party secure document sharing site, provide access to appropriate third party users (with the assistance of capital markets officers), share documentation (legal or underwriting) in a timely manner to fulfill fiduciary responsibilities.
- Provides excellent customer service on a consistent basis by answering internal/external customer inquiries, facilitating communications between internal departments and external parties. Researches and resolves issues with limited assistance.
- Maintains and monitors borrowers’ post-closing loan conditions and covenants, follows up on delinquent items with credit analyst, relationship manager, customers, and/or agent bank, reports violations to appropriate management. Assist with covenant waiver process. Monitors security position including payment of real estate taxes, insurance policy renewals, deeds of trust renewals and UCC financing statements continuations.
- With minimal assistance, initiates and processes servicing actions such as releases of lien, partial releases of lien, reamortizations, conversions, assumptions, and subordinations, UCC amendments/continuations; ensures accuracy of documentation, and the execution thereof, timely and proper updates to electronic file documentation and revisions to accounting systems (through deal sheet amendment) and timely posting of documentation to members/participants in the case of loan sales.
- Generates, reviews, and/or administers reports in accordance with established policies and procedures. Identifies exceptions to policy and takes action to resolve, or escalate to management.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and internal controls. Maintains advanced and up-to-date knowledge of required procedures, policies, processes and regulations with an ability to independently research and implement them as required. Maintains advanced knowledge of, and demonstrates ability to use, association programs and systems used in lending and office administration.
- Assists with general office administration when necessary.
- Operates a variety of standard office equipment according to detailed instructions, including computers, paper shredders, telephones, photocopiers, fax machines and scanners.
General knowledge of:
- Accounting/financial systems.
- Computer systems and office equipment used for file management and file classification practices and retrieval of business information.
- Documentation requirements for title insurance, deeds of trust, Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), crop insurance, and flood insurance.
Specialized knowledge of:
- Professional verbal and written communication principals.
- Syndication/participation lending practices.
- Loan administration best practices.
- Compliance monitoring
- Securing real estate and/or personal property as collateral
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access).
- Organization and time management practices.
- Attention to detail.
- Working in a collaborative environment.
- Critical thinking skills.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.