Bachelor's Degree in agricultural economics, business administration, finance or other related field.
- 5 years of experience in auditing loan collateral or related analysis consisting mainly of working capital type assets.
- Previous experience to show advanced strong understanding of agriculture/agribusiness as a business/industry, asset lending, loan structuring, credit arrangements, collateral audits, and general banking products/services.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of loan workouts including bankruptcy, troubled debt restructurings, and borrowers and creditors’ rights.
- At least intermediate working knowledge level of accounting/bookkeeping, banking regulations, operations and credit practices.
- Must have a general understanding of financial analysis of commercial/corporate and production agricultural credits.
- Experience with Farm Credit System and rolling stock equipment valuations is a plus.
- Experience with dairy and beef cattle collateral risk is a plus.
- Prepares reports summarizing findings, including borrowing base reporting exceptions and suggestions for correction and/or improved interpretation and reporting.
- Interacts regularly with the Association’s customers, to constructively support their understanding of borrowing base report preparation to ensure its accuracy.
- Implements a credible collateral audit approach that is unique to each customer yet encompasses the critical dimensions of auditing a borrower’s working capital-based loan transactions.
- Coordinates collateral audits scheduling, which will include establishing a tickler system for timely alerts to Association staff on when a collateral audit is due.
- Excellent interpersonal relations, administrative, research (including Internet) and communication skills are required.
- Strong analytical skills to maintain sound collateral audit standards, assessing a borrower’s risk management program (including, but not limited to things like hedging, insurance coverage, and operating practices) and evaluate and structure loan proposals.
- Must have some knowledge of business and legal practices in mortgage and commercial/operating lending, including credit standards, and real estate and equipment appraisal requirements.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to effectively coordinate input from many sources to complete an assignment.
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.