Who we are
Southern AgCredit is a full-service, locally owned cooperative lender specializing in financing rural land and agricultural operations in Mississippi and Louisiana. We serve the fifty most southern counties in Mississippi and eleven parishes in Northwest Louisiana. From the Gulf Coast to the Ark-La-Tex, we provide financing solutions for a wide array of operations, including loans for land, improvements, agribusinesses, country homes, operating capital, livestock and equipment. Southern AgCredit is home to the largest portfolio of Mississippi rural real estate loans with over One Billion in total assets.
Job Scope and Purpose
Develops and implements financial objectives, strategies and policies that enhance profitability and moderate risk. Prepares, presents, and interprets financial reports for the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Association Directors, and governmental agencies. Has broad responsibility for the organization’s fiscal operating results. Has considerable unreviewed latitude for decision making in the planning and accomplishment of association goals.
- Develops sound, progressive and effective association programs in the areas of funding, investments, cash management, forecasting, budgeting, and similar activities of the association within guidelines established by FCA and the association’s Board of Directors.
- Oversees planning activities, including establishment of performance standards and monitoring departmental performance.
- Develops and executes the annual operating budget, capital budget, capital plan, and interest rate policy.
- Provides financial and operational analysis to support managerial decision-making processes.
- Develops, implements, and monitors loan product pricing programs designed to meet earnings requirements, adequately compensate for risk and are competitive in the marketplace.
- Analyzes and recommends appropriate levels of capital for the Association and makes recommendations for uses of excess capital for consideration by executive staff and the board.
- Oversees staffing, including selection, performance evaluations and training and development.
- Develops, analyzes and recommends new or improved policies and procedures that contribute to the successful operation and financial soundness of the Association.
- Operates sound, progressive and effective association programs in the area of loan accounting within guidelines established by the FCA, the Association's board and within the bounds of sound business practices.
- Responsible for departmental budget. Commits expenditure of funds within delegated approval authority limits.
- Serves as chairperson of the Asset/Liability Committee and coordinates the association’s asset/liability management programs to facilitate the assessment and control of interest rate risk and ensures compliance with association financial objectives.
- Oversees the allowance for loan loss calculation and adjustments.
- Keeps the Association’s senior management team and Board of Directors informed on significant items affecting the Association’s financial operations.
- Communicates association board policy and management philosophy on fiscal related items to association staff and where applicable, to other associations.
- Serves as a member of system-wide work groups or committees as appropriate.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a related field and ten (10) or more years of experience in finance, accounting, budget, cash management, credit, insurance, tax, and treasury operations including three (3) or more years of supervisory or management experience. Master’s degree in business administration, finance or accounting preferred. CPA certification required.
General knowledge of accounting/financial systems. Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles. Skill in oral and written communication. Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office applications. Ability to perform advanced accounting/financial analyses under limited supervision.
If you meet the minimum requirements and want to be considered for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Kim Webb, Office Manager
Southern AgCredit, ACA
Southern AgCredit, ACA is an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.