Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural homeowners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Two (2) or more years of progressively responsible accounting roles including financial transactions, compliance with internal controls and financial reconciliation processes.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail will be vital for this role along with some IT knowledge for building reports.
- MicroStrategy tool experience is a plus.
- Processes and assembles reports/data for internal analysis or use by Senior Accounting/Finance Leadership.
- Works with Association IT staff to design and prepares reports for Association accounting/finance department.
- Supports Accounting and Finance team leadership and other team members in the day to day operational and management activities including development of period-end instructions and guidelines, identifying projects, initiatives and resource requirements.
- Coordinates processing of financial transactions and journals in the Association. Reviews reports and data.
- Ensures compliance with Association internal controls by executing, reviewing, evaluating and reporting on control policies and evaluating reports on compliance.
- Identify and recommend changes to policy and procedures to improve transaction business processes, financial controls, recording and reporting requirements for accounting transactions for the Association.
- General knowledge of accounting/financial systems with specific knowledge of accounting principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Well-developed analytical skills to provide advice and guidance related to accounting controls, account reconciliation and other related matters.
- Ability to conduct complex account analysis and deal with control and accounting issues.
- Strong proficiency in understanding data systems used to collect and store critical data for account purposes, and with various spreadsheets and word processing software including Microsoft Office and MicroStrategy.
- Knowledgeable in the understanding of website technology.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.