Company and Job Profile
Ag New Mexico, Farm Credit Services, ACA is seeking an Accounting Clerk. This position performs a wide variety of entry-level accounting and loan operations clerical duties under close supervision.
Ag New Mexico Farm Credit is a rural lending cooperative that provides financing for agriculture, agribusiness and rural real estate. The organization is headquartered in Clovis and has branch offices in Albuquerque, Roswell and Las Cruces, New Mexico. Ag New Mexico is part of the nationwide Farm Credit System, the nation’s oldest and largest source of rural financing, which has been financing farmers, ranchers, and agribusinesses for over 100 years.
Our Association provides competitive pay and an excellent benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and more! The Accounting Clerk position can be either a remote position or can be based out of any of the four offices in either Albuquerque, Clovis, Roswell or Las Cruces, NM.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Operates specific accounting system applications for data entry, information retrieval and/or inquiry.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of repetitive accounting documents, identify discrepancies, resolve issues, and determine appropriate course of action according to established procedures
- Processes payments received; reconciles daily deposits and applications; and verifies application processing
- Prepares application of funds received for application to loans or for crediting to general ledger accounts.
- Assists with activities related to the accounts payable function, including processing, posting and corrections.
- Prepares assigned vendor invoices for payment on a timely basis.
- Assists with the accounting of acquisitions/disposals of fixed assets, and year-end fixed asset inventory.
- Processes travel and mileage reports, including the clearing of reconciliation accounts related to this activity. Assists in maintaining accounting procedures and related documentation as well as communicating the information to loan accounting users.
- Supports the efforts of the records retention function and assists with scanning and organization of documentation to be retained.
- Provides administrative support including office supply ordering, credit card issuance, and other duties as needed.
- Compliance with FCBT and Association technology and security standards is required.
- Assists with managing the records relating to the company’s fleet vehicles.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (includes education, skills and experience)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One (1) year or more of experience in accounting or an accounting-related field including cash management, accounts receivable and or general ledger processing.
- General knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles.
- Ability to perform basic accounting/financial analyses under close supervision.
- Basic computer and software skills to include Microsoft Office or similar software and accounting software.
- Ability to use office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax/scan machines.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills (oral and written) required.
- Customer service orientation and a commitment to providing outstanding client service.
- Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners.
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure, and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload.
- Must have sound judgment and discretional skills and be able to work with little supervision.
- Must be to work with sensitive and confidential material with discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to perform accounting data entry, information retrieval and/or inquiry under close supervision.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must have a good driving record, valid, driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a reliable vehicle.
- Experience working in the Farm Credit System.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full or part time position. Days and hours of work are normally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a 1-hour lunch.
- Flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and changes must be pre-approved by management.
- This position may be performed remotely or on site at any Ag New Mexico location.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Will have some repetitive hand and arm motions and prolonged periods of sitting and standing.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, listen, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- This position requires frequent manual dexterity in combination with eye/hand coordination such as keyboarding and handling of equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Prolonged exposure to a computer screen.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Must be able to travel (10%) within the metropolitan and surrounding area.
Ag New Mexico Farm Credit, ACA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Persons with disabilities who require an accommodation to complete the application process should call our Clovis office at (575) 762-3828 and ask to be referred to our HR Consultant to request accommodation in the application process.